Whole artichoke, washed and seasoned inside and outside with salt, parsley, olive oil and chili flakes. To boil in a pot with few cm water and a chopped potato until both vegetables are tender.
Whole artichoke cut in half ( see picture ). Fried in a saucepan with olive oil and salt until tender.
Use boiled artichoke hearts. For boiling them, see this post.
In a mixing bowl, stir together 2 eggs, half cup of milk, salt, black pepper, parsley, artichoke hearts ( 1 or 2 cups ) , 3 tbsp grated Parmesan, 1 chopped garlic and red chili flakes.
Fry in a pan and scramble toward the end – unless you want to cook it as a frittata.
- Stuffed Artichokes (cookingwithmrc.wordpress.com)
- Carciofi Fritti (Artichoke Fritti) (thevanillabeandream.wordpress.com)
- Chi li conosce…. non li evita: i Carciofi – Who know them …. not avoid them: the Artichokes (lacucinadellamiavicina.wordpress.com)
- anche detto carciofo di Gerusalemme (dalmiomondo.wordpress.com)
- Artichokes, to eat or to decorate (almostitalian.wordpress.com)
- Artichoke Polenta Tart (justabitmorebutter.wordpress.com)
- Fresh Gnocchi with Artichoke Sauce (seattlefoodshed.wordpress.com)
- I heart artichokes. (myskinnylittlesecret.wordpress.com)
- IV. Be still my heart – my Artichoke Heart. (poseypocket.wordpress.com)
- Orecchiette & Jerusalem Artichoke (littlepastaorganics.wordpress.com)