3 ways to cook artichokes in the south of Italy.
Whole artichoke, washed and seasoned inside and outside with salt, parsley, olive oil and chilli flakes. To boil in a pot with few cm water and a chopped potato until both vegetables are tender.
Whole artichoke cut in half ( see picture ). Fried in a saucepan with olive oil and salt until tender.
Use boiled artichoke hearts. For boiling them, see this post.
In a mixing bowl, stir together 2 eggs, half cup of milk, salt, black pepper, parsley, artichoke hearts ( 1 or 2 cups ) , 3 tbsp grated parmesan, 1 chopped garlic and red chilli flakes.
Fry in a pan and scramble toward the end – unless you want to cook it as a frittata.
- Stuffed Artichokes (cookingwithmrc.wordpress.com)
- Celebrate season with baked artichokes (utsandiego.com)
- Sicily’s Flower with a Heart: The Globe Artichoke (lifesappetite.com)
- Cook those spring artichokes (bagnidilucca.wordpress.com)
- Zesty Lemon Artichoke Hummus (pumpsandiron.com)
- Steamed artichoke with mint pesto (allswellthatendswhole.wordpress.com)
- Stuffed artichoke (blondecookingblog.com)
- Artichoke with Smoked Salmon and Goat Cheese (mittsandmeasures.com)
- Italian Cooking 101: Risotto ai Carciofi (amorebicicappuccino.com)
- Carciofi Fritti (Artichoke Fritti) (thevanillabeandream.wordpress.com)