Whenever you are in the mood for some curry, you automatically think of long grain rice.
So I wondered: what would happen if I used Italian rice instead, short grain to be precise?
Nothing bad happened – just a delicious creamy rice!
What do you need?
100 gr. of risotto arborio
2 pints of water to cook the rice
6 medium size Portobello mushrooms
4 or 5 cherry tomatoes
2 garlic cloves
cardamom seeds (quantity: as you prefer)
2 tbsp of ground cumin
2 tbsp of medium curry powder
1 teaspoon of ginger
1 teaspoon of coriander
some black pepper
some red chilli flakes
not more than 30 ml. of coconut oil
What do you need to do?
- put the water to boil with 1 tbsp of salt; when it boils, pour in the rice
- in the meanwhile, pour half glass of water into a saucepan and cook in it the mushrooms sliced and the cherry tomatoes (each cut in 4 pieces), with garlic, rosemary, pepper and red chilli flakes. Cook for 2 or 3 min, then remove any residual water and add the coconut oil, the rest of the spices and cook for 1 minute.
- when the rice is ready, remove its water and add the rice to the saucepan sauce. Cook for 1 more minute and when it is all creamy and well mixed, it is ready to be served!!!! :-)
- Vegetarian/Vegan dishes by me (lonelygrl7.wordpress.com)
- Too Many Pumpkins!!! (bibisgardenkitchen.wordpress.com)
- Moroccan Harira with Eggplant and Chickpeas & Isa Does It Giveaway! (tastespace.wordpress.com)
- Vietnamese Chicken Curry (thelemursarehungry.wordpress.com)
- Easy Curry in a Hurry (Malay Beef Curry) (thekartchronicles.wordpress.com)
- Rice Ball with Chicken Paprika (ninikbecker.wordpress.com)
- Waffle Iron Mania: Chickpea waffles & Chickun Vegetable Curry (vegansciencelab.wordpress.com)
- Slow-Cooker Chicken with Rice and Vegeables (monkeyshyne2013.wordpress.com)
- Rustic Rice and Stuffed ‘Shrooms (vegethoughts.wordpress.com)
- Bo-Kaap Cape Malay Kerrie – South African Cape Malay Curry Recipe by Mzondi Lungu (mzondilungurecipes.wordpress.com)